Years ago when I first began my spiritual journey, I made an attempt to leave the legal industry abruptly with no plan in place. So, I jumped on the next immediate thing I thought at the time would send me fast money – a multi-level marketing (MLM) company. Without spending too much time on this subject, I learned that it was twice as hard as working a nine-to-five job because this would be the only source of income I had. I also learned that I couldn’t sell something I didn’t really believe in, but I gave it a shot anyway. I lost my way and got discouraged, you know why?
I was focused around money, making it and with it came the worrying, the doubts and cares surrounding my financial situation. I didn’t realize then that by doing so, I was slowly building walls that would impede my progress hence stopping the flow of ANY type of abundance in my life. Well, needless to say, my MLM career didn’t last long. So I bit the bullet, ate crow or whatever you want to call it and went crawling back to the legal industry. This time though, I decided to call the shots and by doing so, I decided to sign up with a job placement agency. I would pick and choose who and where I would work and how much I wanted to get paid.
What I learned when I returned to the legal industry was this – whatever I created, I can undo and start anew. I would take different job assignments until I found what I FELT was the right fit; I would NOT let anyone pressure me into “taking a job” then regretting it later (as I have done so often in the past). I also, in the past, never took responsibility and directed the energy and anger I had on the legal industry. When in fact, I’ve learned so much from the different industries I worked (Probate, Asbestos, Litigation, just to name a few – before you ask though – I CAN NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE, so please refrain from doing so), mastering Microsoft Word and most legal software, calculating deadlines, planning ahead and I have actually even used my intuition so many times before and looking back now, I’ve heard it more often than not that I was “quite intuitive” – I knew what questions to ask, where to look for information and I anticipated the next plan of action even before the attorney would come back to me. All because of years I invested into this industry – this is what I went to school for.
To date I not only have my wonderful Spiritual Healing practice, but I also have my career as a Legal Secretary as well. I do love them both and I am grateful that God has blessed me with both industries.
With that wisdom, I’ve learned and implemented the following on my daily practice:
1. When I focused on the big picture, I saw situations and people transform right before my eyes.
2. When I focused on helping others instead of pondering how much money I could make, the opportunities and abundance came flowing into my life as fast as I could fathom them.
3. When I stopped worrying and released my worries, doubts and cares surrounding ANY SITUATION, God stepped in, resolved the issues and I quickly manifested peace and happiness. As soon as I felt like I was going to worry or better yet, obsess, I would repeatedly tell God to take away these worries and replace them with positive thoughts. *This process is a work in progress*
4. I became more assertive, I said No whenever something didn’t feel right; I asked for God to send his communication angels to help me tactfully communicate with conviction.
5. Finally, I grew in self-love, I learned to let go of ANY expectations and I ALLOWED myself to receive God’s blessings. I unlearned what I learned by replacing my thought process with “it’s ok to love myself and care for myself – this way; I’m able to help others more.”
I hope this helps. Here’s another key – being open and fluid to change is a must. I’d love to hear your comments on what you are doing to improve your life. Remember, feel free to share – this is as much my safe haven as it is yours, no judgments here. Till next time, I bid you all love, light and compassion.